Reflection, some practices and one tip

Jose Moral, modified 12 Years ago at 5/2/11 4:14 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 5/2/11 4:14 AM

Reflection, some practices and one tip

Greetings.
I am going to share some points of view and conclusions from my practice.
I am realizing that actualism is related to aknowledge our cravings (a subtle but strong force) to do things and take part (intervene). I my case when I am aware of this and try to do less things and don´t take part, all the experiencie tends to be more peaceful and PCE-esque (below I put two examples).
So, it is very useful for me (even more than the HAIETMOBA) something I read in the last book of E.Tolle, that is to reflect about the perfection and beauty and abundance of the surroundings and ask myself why can´t I flow and be happy like the nature is itself?? ((our body wish this because belongs to nature and our mind sabotages this wish - this is very profound insight and I think very related to Actualism)). The reason are always some aflictive emotions, often related to that desire to do things....so the way is to relax (in this message I talk about this a little http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/1545975)... I recommend ardently jhana practices.
So how to relax?
In daily life here are some practices I am trying, related to that point of view of "the ego-activity (intervenention) versus passivity-surrendering":

1- I am discovering that only to be aware of respiration (that it flows completely in and out, without hindrances, and relax these ones) is a very very very powerful practice. One of my most wonderful practices is to take a walk slowly, being very conscious of that desire (always present) to go fastly or to reach anywhere etc and relaxing it while follow the joyful respiration in and out and enjoy the beautiful sorroundings of these forests or parks (in cities is more difficult but possible).

2- Another practice very interesting (and very difficult because of our habits) is to pay attention in the conversations. The practice I try sometimes (this is very very powerful, and although it is possible to do between 2 persons it is better from 3) is not to take part in the conversation, only practice listening and paying attention... I mean: this rule: I talk only when someone ask me directly something, and when someone interrupts me I wait someone to ask me again to continue (this is very uncommon).This way of listening is healing for other people and something incredibly new and fresh. One can pay attention to the continuity of respiration (like I explain before) or I like to play taking my attention from the content of conversation (often so stupid and futile) to some interesting facts like the funny tone of voice (the personal musicality of every person and their expressivity) or the fact of talking itself (how the air is expelled and articulate in throat and so on, this miracle that we usually take for granted like many other more). This practice is very powerful, I recommend to try.

3- Finally I would want to recommend a technique for these moments when the emotions are very very heavy and seems difficult to feel happy and harmless (I think it is exactly the same Eckhart Tolle calls PAIN BODY). It is EFT (in internet is easy to learn without having to do the course), that is Emotional Freedom Technique. It is very rapid, easy and works 100 % effectiviness in relieving or eliminating afflictive emotions.

My best wishes