What is this happening right now...

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 12 Years ago at 7/2/11 11:36 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/2/11 11:21 PM

What is this happening right now...

It's early in the morning. I havn't gone to sleep yet. Today I did 3 hours of trying to get jhana lying down. I have been reading dhamma for the last 6 hours. I am sitting in my bed. Just decided to go to sleep after a suprisingly strong want to reflect on something I was reading here on the forum. I lie down and reflect a bit.

I relax and suddenly realize that my eyes are blinking (while closed) at about 3-4 times a second. My eyes are drawn lightly towards the third eye. Suddenly I feel a massive suck-up, but abort because I am scared. I try to relax again. Nothing happens for two minutes. I come here and post.

What's up?
David Lee Angstead, modified 12 Years ago at 7/3/11 12:02 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/3/11 12:02 AM

RE: What is this happening right now...

Hi there,

Is this sense also a tingling in the third eye area as well?
When I was heavy into Mahamudra teachings a few years back, I got that a lot,but never knew what it was....
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 7/3/11 8:13 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/3/11 8:12 AM

RE: What is this happening right now...

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland:
It's early in the morning. I havn't gone to sleep yet. Today I did 3 hours of trying to get jhana lying down. I have been reading dhamma for the last 6 hours. I am sitting in my bed. Just decided to go to sleep after a suprisingly strong want to reflect on something I was reading here on the forum. I lie down and reflect a bit.

"Trying to get jhana lying down" is very vague Stian. Can you please fill it with details of what you were doing to "get Jhana". This may be key to what happened next. Be very detailed in your phenomenological description of the practice you did while "lying down". What was happening before? Vibrations? Panoramic view? Pain? Itchiness? Etc? . This will help other yogis here help you more. At the moment, not enough information.

I relax and suddenly realize that my eyes are blinking (while closed) at about 3-4 times a second. My eyes are drawn lightly towards the third eye. Suddenly I feel a massive suck-up, but abort because I am scared. I try to relax again. Nothing happens for two minutes. I come here and post.

Could be AP, if your eye lids were shut. But more info is needed. I have experienced those "massive suck ups" before and have been "scared". There was a "feeling" of anticipation. The next time that happens, try noting the fear and anticipation. And the next time "nothing happens for 2 minutes", try sticking with your practice instead of coming here to post. You may have prematurely ended your practice. You have all the time in the world to ask questions. No need to stop your practice every time something unknown occurs. Many "unknown" things may occur. Notice them and then notice the next thing that takes its place in the field of experience that is Stian. In other words, DON'T get up and post here after 2 minutes. Wait 30 minutes minimum.

What's up?

I'm not sure. Provide more details, Stian.

:-)

Nick

Breadcrumb