RE: Kundalini/gTummo teachers/schools

thumbnail
S Pro, modified 14 Years ago at 2/7/10 3:48 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 2/7/10 3:48 PM

Kundalini/gTummo teachers/schools

Hi all,

I am located in Germany and I am interested in learning Kundalini/gTummo or whatever you wanna call it.

My question is wether you know any (preferably) buddhist schools that teach it. I assume a Tibetan lineage
is a good starting point.

Are any vajrayana practitioners here who can give advice?

Thanks
Sitting Bull ;-)
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 14 Years ago at 2/9/10 12:56 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 2/9/10 12:56 PM

That I know of, the kundalini tradition par excelence is Yoga. Check out Advanced Yoga Practices (AYP).
Jigme Sengye, modified 14 Years ago at 2/9/10 1:50 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 2/9/10 1:49 PM

I don't know any lineages that teach tsa lung in Germany, though I vaguely remember a Gelug teacher who I think visits Germany. I'll check.

There are quite a few tsa lung teachers in the US. The Palyul lineage teaches it at their summer retreats, though you have to do their ngondro retreat first or finish ngondro in some Nyingma lineage. See http://retreat.palyul.org/node/5 . This system does include tummo (though not all tsa lung systems do). Namkhai Norbu's students and Tenzin Wangyal's students also teach different tsa lung systems. Tenzin Wangyal's site is ligmincha.org , though I don't see it mentioned there. You'll see it listed as "trulkhor" which is the word for exercise. They used to teach it in short (I think 4 or 5 day) retreats twice a year in four parts. All three of these are taught in the context of dzogchen courses.
thumbnail
S Pro, modified 14 Years ago at 2/10/10 8:49 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 2/10/10 8:49 AM

Thanks man, I will!
thumbnail
S Pro, modified 14 Years ago at 2/10/10 8:52 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 2/10/10 8:52 AM

Hi Jigme,

Namhai Norbu ´s Yantra Yoga seems to be an option for me. For my German fellas see dzogchen.de.

Thanks!
thumbnail
neem nyima, modified 13 Years ago at 8/1/10 8:22 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/1/10 8:22 AM

Namkhai Norbu's Yantra yoga is the one, he has a teacher who is based in Italy at one of the centres, there is more a process of being taught the practices, but not so much, deep retreat, to truly master the Tummo, There is a moderate requirement to read between the lines a bit a lot of the students, don't seem to really understand that the foundations of tummo are taught within the system. Or make a distinction between rhythmic breathing, and the holds associated with it and how this lead to the tummo. Is pretty intense though, and could be really stupid to practice to intensely alone and without guidance. Energy like that can really send you off also, if your doing the practice a bit incorrectly energy can get stuck in the throat in the head. All that's a bit random and stream of consciousness, but most of the relevant cautions are in there but maybe not all the required explanations to justify the cautions. Don't Lung out hearty panters or get to hot headed & mad.
juhu jupidu jupidu, modified 13 Years ago at 10/13/10 8:36 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/13/10 8:36 PM

Maybe that can help:

http://www.tulkulamalobsang.org/index.php?page=teachings&menu=tummo

Breadcrumb