Question about guided practices

Mark, módosítva 24 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.01. 15:03
Created 24 nap ago at 2024.06.01. 15:03

Question about guided practices

Bejegyzések: 554 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have not been here for years; it is nice to find the site alive and well! Recently, I have been wondering about transmitting realizations about processism (understanding the world as a process-centric conception, as opposed to the essentialist perspective that dominates modern culture). These realizations seem inevitable with significant meditation practice. Is anyone aware of group and/or pair practices that can accelerate insight into this particular aspect? I imagine combining theory with a practice (to be defined) that can provide a perceptual understanding to complement a conceptual understanding of processism. The intention is not to find a shortcut to awakening but to help people align with a new way of thinking and experiencing in terms of process. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanks.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, módosítva 11 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.14. 6:11
Created 11 nap ago at 2024.06.14. 6:11

RE: Question about guided practices

Bejegyzések: 1757 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Mark I have not been here for years; it is nice to find the site alive and well!
HI!
Recently, I have been wondering about transmitting realizations about processism
Explain what you mean by 'transmitting' and 'realizations'
Processism - Process philosophy This is a lot to figure out.... how do you look at this?
(understanding the world as a process-centric conception, as opposed to the essentialist perspective that dominates modern culture).
ok, 
Essentialism - Essentialism
These realizations
What realizations?
seem inevitable with significant meditation practice.
Why?
Is anyone aware of group and/or pair practices that can accelerate insight into this particular aspect?
Insight? Define
I imagine combining theory with a practice (to be defined)
Yes...
that can provide a perceptual understanding to complement a conceptual understanding of processism.
Could be....I like where you are heading.
The intention is not to find a shortcut to awakening but to help people align with a new way of thinking and experiencing in terms of process.
Why not a shortcut to awakenings? 
Any ideas would be very welcome.
Clear goal.
Clear methodology.
Clear results.

This is my pragmatic ethos, plus the openess to share.
​​​​​​​See if this link helps in any way.
A Framework of Awakening

Thanks.
You betcha
~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker, módosítva 11 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.14. 6:48
Created 11 nap ago at 2024.06.14. 6:45

Oh, here is a fun thing to look at in the same area -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_semantics

I'm pretty sure those dudes were getting A&P with their stuff.... Past that who knows...
Mark, módosítva 1 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.24. 3:11
Created 1 nap ago at 2024.06.24. 3:11

Hi ~D,

Sorry for my slow reply and thanks for your response to my question.

Transmitting - helping people develop their understanding (i.e. beyond providing information)
Realizations - understanding reality in a new way that probably includes a shift in experience
Processism - my preferences are relational biology and social constructionism

The realizations I'm referring to would be the understanding of a process-centric perspective

Why - I believe it is a more useful way of anticipating

Insight - an analogy of realization

Why not a shortcut to awakening - a different (and perhaps complementary) goal

Your thread is very insightful and too broad for what I have in mind. I'm thinking perhaps a particular type of guided meditation. I wonder if there are medative practices that involve dialogue (I've heard of Insight Dialogue) which might fit the purpose. I would rather use an approach that has some history than develop an approach myself.

Thanks for the link to genreal semantics, I did not know of that field. The "Silent and Verbal Levels" diagram reminds me of Dependent Origination. That seems like a good angle - something that would allow for a conscious experience of this - a sort of taster that would increase sensitivity to that potential path. Maybe you know of practices that could fit the bill (I'm imagining a short one-off session) ?
thumbnail
Dream Walker, módosítva 1 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.24. 6:42
Created 1 nap ago at 2024.06.24. 6:38

Mark
Hi ~D,

Sorry for my slow reply and thanks for your response to my question.

Transmitting - helping people develop their understanding (i.e. beyond providing information)
Realizations - understanding reality in a new way that probably includes a shift in experience
Processism - my preferences are relational biology and social constructionism

The realizations I'm referring to would be the understanding of a process-centric perspective

Why - I believe it is a more useful way of anticipating

Insight - an analogy of realization

Why not a shortcut to awakening - a different (and perhaps complementary) goal

Your thread is very insightful and too broad for what I have in mind. I'm thinking perhaps a particular type of guided meditation. I wonder if there are medative practices that involve dialogue (I've heard of Insight Dialogue) which might fit the purpose. I would rather use an approach that has some history than develop an approach myself.

Thanks for the link to genreal semantics, I did not know of that field. The "Silent and Verbal Levels" diagram reminds me of Dependent Origination. That seems like a good angle - something that would allow for a conscious experience of this - a sort of taster that would increase sensitivity to that potential path. Maybe you know of practices that could fit the bill (I'm imagining a short one-off session) ?
ok, 
You definately narrowed it down.
Thanks!
Important questions to figure out - 
  1. Goals=
  2. Success looks like=
  3. Non success looks like =
If you can clearly invision and clarify for yourself, I think there could be some good results.
​​​​​​​
~D

ps. I think that the A&P is where you want to get people with a focus on permanence vs impermanence.
thumbnail
Geoffrey Gatekeeper of the Gateless Gate, módosítva 1 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.24. 9:41
Created 1 nap ago at 2024.06.24. 9:41

Bejegyzések: 408 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2023.10.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
You should check out the book seeing that frees by rob burbea. I think it is an excellent book that gets to what you're pointing at (and much more), and I think he does a particularly good job developing practices around that.
Mark, módosítva 1 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.24. 9:52
Created 1 nap ago at 2024.06.24. 9:52

Important questions to figure out - 
  1. Goals= establish a common understanding of processism for future collaboration
  2. Success looks like= communicating effectively in terms of process
  3. Non success looks like = inefficient/failed communication
I think A&P is out of reach for most people in a single session.  How about insight into the process of experience by observing the sequence of sensory events and the immediate arising of desire before thought intervenes. I guess this could be a noting practice, for example, looking through a sequence of images and noting, "seeing", "wanting more/less", "before thought" But as I mentioned, I would rather use an established practice - which is the main reason for asking here (although this discussion has been useful too, thanks)
Mark, módosítva 1 nap-val korábban at 2024.06.24. 9:58
Created 1 nap ago at 2024.06.24. 9:58

Thanks. Is there a simple practice that you were thinking of from that book ? In the scenario I imagine there is not the time to read a book and I  assume the person does not have a desire to explore meditation practice in great depth (so I guess Rob's book could overwhelm).