Ego death during psychedelic trip

24 日前 に Bret Ramirez によって更新されました。 at 24/06/01 18:02
Created 24 日 ago at 24/06/01 18:02

Ego death during psychedelic trip

投稿: 1 参加年月日: 24/05/05 最新の投稿
About a month ago, someone gave me an edible without telling me what was in it. It turned out to be way more thc than I was prepared for (I'm a huge lightweight); I accidentally ended up tripping pretty dang hard. It was an unexpected and somewhat scary experience, but I decided to roll with it and sink as far as I could. 
At the peak of the trip, time stopped and I had no memory of who I was or anything that came before; I was convinced I had died and was about to watch every lifetime in the universe transpire. I watched the thread of reality unravel and then eventually vibrate itself into the concepts that made up the universe. A whole bunch of random concepts arose and tore themselves apart violently. Eventually I phased back into reality.
I started practicing insight about 18 months ago. I practiced daily for a few months and then found practicing further to be extremely difficult. I started practicing again a few months ago. I would guess I have done maybe 200 hours of vipassana since I started practicing. I am fairly confident I have crossed the arising and passing a number of times, before and since I started practicing vipassana, including once about two weeks before the trip and twice since if memory serves me correctly. I have also achieved some jhanic states, but I haven’t really focused on that. Unfortunately, my understanding of the maps is quite limited and my practice is kind of haphazard, so I am not exactly sure where I was when the trip happened, but I feel like I gained some insight into emptiness via the experience. 

I have spent the past month trying to make sense of this experience, but I really want to hear what you guys think it was because I keep psyching myself out. Maybe it was a super deep jhanic state, fruition, a crazy intense a&p, daath, aliens, something I don’t even know yet? If you have any questions about the trip or about my prior “emergent” experiences, please let me know and I can elaborate.
23 日前 に Robert L によって更新されました。 at 24/06/02 8:30
Created 23 日 ago at 24/06/02 8:30

RE: Ego death during psychedelic trip

投稿: 72 参加年月日: 19/02/10 最新の投稿
This sounds like a fairly typical psychedelic trip. Let it go. Keep practicing. Don't cling to it or get lost in its narative. Trying to make sense of a drug trip is an exercise in futility and can get you stuck. 
thumbnail
23 日前 に finding-oneself ♤ によって更新されました。 at 24/06/02 16:03
Created 23 日 ago at 24/06/02 16:03

投稿: 533 参加年月日: 14/01/07 最新の投稿
I have had a humble amount of psychedelic experiences and they of course do overlap with some of these mediation maps in some ways sometimes.

But really you'll have to just see how it plays out over time, how it fits in.

You should perhaps read the chapter about the "three characteristics". Anatta, Anikka, and Dukkha. Or "non-self", impermanence, and suffering. The book is Mastering the Core Teachings of the buddha, if you didn't read it already. 

I'm only saying this because for me the whole ego-death experiences for me turned out to be sort of "free" insight into anatta. Even though it isn't free. Its pretty harrowing lol
thumbnail
22 日前 に Papa Che Dusko によって更新されました。 at 24/06/03 18:32
Created 22 日 ago at 24/06/03 18:32

投稿: 2894 参加年月日: 20/03/01 最新の投稿
Its a bit like the Irish weather! If you think that the rain is gone, wait for 15 minutes! 
thumbnail
22 日前 に Bahiya Baby によって更新されました。 at 24/06/03 18:57
Created 22 日 ago at 24/06/03 18:57

投稿: 537 参加年月日: 23/05/26 最新の投稿
It might be useful to explore... what if any effect did this have on my day to day suffering? 

​​​​​​​Ask the question today, in a week, in a month and in a year. 

パンくずリスト