Any idea where are the old guys (Tarin, Trent, Antero...) ?

Nick Chab Chab,修改在8天前。 at 24-6-20 下午2:09
Created 8天 ago at 24-6-20 下午2:09

Any idea where are the old guys (Tarin, Trent, Antero...) ?

帖子: 16 加入日期: 22-10-10 最近的帖子
 Well the title is pretty self explanatory, I mean those guys were pretty far along the path but they totally disappeared. Do any of you know what they are doing now ?
thumbnail
Chris M,修改在1 天前。 at 24-6-26 下午7:14
Created 8天 ago at 24-6-20 下午5:11

RE: Any idea where are the old guys (Tarin, Trent, Antero...) ?

帖子: 5305 加入日期: 13-1-26 最近的帖子
I'd be more interested in learning what some of the original DhO-ers like Vince Horn and Hokai Sobol are doing. Oh, wait, I can find them easily on the net, or on X/Twitter.
thumbnail
Dream Walker,修改在6天前。 at 24-6-22 上午6:00
Created 6天 ago at 24-6-22 上午6:00

帖子: 1757 加入日期: 12-1-18 最近的帖子
Nick Chab Chab  Well the title is pretty self explanatory,
Hi! 
Yep
I mean those guys were pretty far along the path
How do you define that?

but they totally disappeared.
I don't think they disappeared, they may have stopped posting on the Dho but I'm sure they exist still. 
Do any of you know what they are doing now ?
They are living life. Why do you care? 
Do you have whatever you consider they have?
Could you possibly get more from them?
Have you bothered to get as much as you can from the posts in the past?
I guess its fun to just wonder what others are doing, I wonder what Buddha is doing right now.
I think its more useful to look back and learn from what the past has to teach us and DO IT.
Shrug,
​​​​​​​~D
Nick Chab Chab,修改在5天前。 at 24-6-23 上午3:04
Created 5天 ago at 24-6-23 上午3:04

帖子: 16 加入日期: 22-10-10 最近的帖子
I guess my post must have sounded silly in some way. Because I really liked the way they expressed themselves I thought it would have been interesting to know if they were teaching in some way.
Martin,修改在5天前。 at 24-6-23 上午11:08
Created 5天 ago at 24-6-23 上午11:08

帖子: 889 加入日期: 20-4-25 最近的帖子
Your post did not sound silly to me. I wasn't around when those guys were around but I was actually hoping to see some responses to your enquiry, just because I am interested in the long term outcomes of being a dedicated meditator. This whole business householders of talking frankly about practice in public is very new. It answers the fascinating question, "What do other dedicated meditators experience?" well. It also gives some preliminary answers to the question, "What are the immediate results of dedicated meditation?" But it does not yet give very good answers to the question of "What is life like for dedicated meditators later on?" 

Do most people find that attainments continue to be helpful for decades after they were attained? Do the insights gained through dedicated practice lead to changes that reshape people's lives? Do people often change their focus to other spiritual traditions? Do some people stop meditating? 

They are all interesting questions for me, and I am pretty sure that these questions could be interesting to the broader community. 

As for Dream Walker's reply, it's worth knowing that 90% of Dream Walker's replies read like that, especially if the poster is new or doesn't post much. I would not take it personally.
thumbnail
Dream Walker,修改在4天前。 at 24-6-24 上午5:45
Created 4天 ago at 24-6-24 上午5:45

Nick Chab Chab
Hey!
I guess my post must have sounded silly in some way.
Silly? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Not silly at all. Vague as it is, is my only wonderment.

Because I really liked the way they expressed themselves
Because? uhhhhhhh
 I have enjoyed the way many people have "expressed" themselves too.
In what way did you like each one? specifically? Or are you just generalizing? Do you like posts from early days of Dho? Have you read many? How did you pick out those? Perhaps you might go into detail a bit? or not.
I thought it would have been interesting to know if they were teaching in some way.
That is almost a specific question in some way, I would have interestingly thought that.

Perhaps you could try asking what you want to know? 
"I would like to know if (x,y,z) are teaching, if so please share with me"
Just a suggestion, but only if you want a specific answer.
Otherwise you are doing an awesome job at getting the results I hope you were wishing for. emoticon emoticon emoticon
(just say'n) <--- (whatever that means, WTF am I saying? shrug, dunno, but i'm not looking for an answer to whatevers) emoticon
~D
thumbnail
Dream Walker,修改在4天前。 at 24-6-24 上午6:09
Created 4天 ago at 24-6-24 上午6:09

Martin
Hi Martin!

I wasn't around when those guys were around
But you have read their posts?
but I was actually hoping to see some responses to your enquiry,
"Any idea where are the old guys"?
just because I am interested in the long term outcomes of being a dedicated meditator.
AHHH now there we actually have a question.
After you define "long term" "outcomes" and "dedicated" ---->however you wish to define it.
This whole business householders of talking frankly about practice in public is very new.
ok
It answers the fascinating question,
uhhh
  1. "What do other dedicated meditators experience?"
  2. "What are the immediate results of dedicated meditation?"
  3. "What is life like for dedicated meditators later on?" 
  4. Do most people find that attainments continue to be helpful for decades after they were attained?
  5. Do the insights gained through dedicated practice lead to changes that reshape people's lives?
  6. Do people often change their focus to other spiritual traditions?
  7. Do some people stop meditating? 
NICE!!!!!! You are asking great questions! With a little refinement, you might get some responses that are fun!

They are all interesting questions for me, and I am pretty sure that these questions could be interesting to the broader community. 
Heck ya. Unless they have been posted about endless times in the past.

As for Dream Walker's reply, it's worth knowing that 90% of Dream Walker's replies read like that, especially if the poster is new or doesn't post much. I would not take it personally.
Yes 90% + of my recent posts read like "that" whatever "that" is.
I would not distinguish in any way being selective of "new" or quantity of  posts. 
I am equal opportunity responsive to ask people what they are actually asking. The vaguer the post, the more I try to illicit information. This seems to not work well since there is rarely any answers to my investigative queries, thus ignored, I can only hope people are somehow getting whatever it is that they need from whatevers.
​​​​​​​~D
T DC,修改在2天前。 at 24-6-26 下午4:49
Created 2天 ago at 24-6-26 下午4:49

帖子: 518 加入日期: 11-9-29 最近的帖子
Totally fair question and I've wondered that myself.  Chris and DW lol.  Trent and Tarin certainly seemed to be (the) notable high level posters of their day, claiming 4th path and actual freedom, etc.  As someone who has been there myself and then continued on a long road of meditative development, I would be likewise interested to see how further progresion manifested for them, if they continued to practice intensively and in what styles, etc.
thumbnail
Griffin,修改在8小时前。 at 24-6-28 上午10:12
Created 8小时 ago at 24-6-28 上午10:12

帖子: 273 加入日期: 18-4-7 最近的帖子
I agree with T DC. And, although this is a hardcore practice-oriented forum, a few banal moments of social curiosity do, after all, help cultivate a sense of kinship in this small community. A little bit of gemeinschaft, if you will.
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell,修改在8小时前。 at 24-6-28 上午10:40
Created 8小时 ago at 24-6-28 上午10:40

帖子: 633 加入日期: 16-3-13 最近的帖子
The Vaca Sutta proposes a five-fold test to identify Right Speech:

“It is spoken at the right time?
It is spoken in truth?
It is spoken affectionately?
It is spoken beneficially?
It is spoken with a mind of good-will?"

面包屑导航